Sunday, October 31, 2010

A project du France...

First you take a cute lil' smoking stand,
who doesn't love them...

Then you take your favorite stencil
and slather on the joint compound with a wide plastic trowel...

Then remove stencil and let dry for 30 minutes...

First coat of paint...

Second coat of paint...

Then sand and distress. I don't go over the stenciled part
with sander, I just leave it alone.
You can put a poly finish on or leave as is,
which is what I do, 'cause I like the fingerprints and
grime of the ages...instant antiquity!!!

Add a little ironstone bowl of whatever
and your piece is good to go!

3 comments:

  1. Love it , you are very clever I would never have thought of doing the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit and your nice comment on my blog. The lily in my profile photo is a Glory Lily. It grows like a vine and the flowers are gorgeous. If it's the same plant, it isn't so proliferous here, probably too short and cool a season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon - That is such an AwEsoMe Idea!*!*!
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete