Thursday, November 11, 2010

Victorian Salvage...

As much as I love the crisp look of white,
I'm so drawn to dark fabrics and woods.
It's so romantic and Victorian, I feel like I'm in a
Merchant Ivory movie, perhaps listening to Jane Austen
recite words of an era of past elegance and
proper delicate beauty...

Makes me wonder what beautiful home this elegant piece came from,
was there an entire set, how many others survived...
well, this little jewel now has a home in my shop
at my secret garden, it will await the Spring
and the reopening of the season...
unless some intrepid wanderer
bids me to open my doors...
I shall...
you see, this is what it's all about...
the sharing of the prize!

3 comments:

  1. Cool find Gurl! I luv itThanks for sharing your new treasure....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Victorian pieces! We don't find too much of it in the South. Love your new pig-tailed cracked head lite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece...

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete